Do You Have Other Allowances That Are Not Reported on Your PAYG?

You might be wondering, “how do I enter other allowances that are not reported on my PAYG?”

Refer to the steps listed below.

  1. Towards the top of the page, click the second tab with the title, “Income.”
  2. On the page titled, “Income,” click the last box with the title, “Other Income.”
  3. Click the green box towards the bottom of the page titled, “Save & Go.”
  4. On the page titled, “Other Income,” click the orange button titled, “Add New Record.”
  5. On the page titled, “Allowances & Other Income,” enter your information in the provided fields.
  6. Click the green button titled, “Save & Go.”
Follow these steps if you’re having difficulty.

Continue reading “Do You Have Other Allowances That Are Not Reported on Your PAYG?”

What information do I need to lodge my tax return?

First, you need your Tax File Number or TFN to lodge your tax return.

You will need your individual non-business PAYG (Pay As You Go) statements from each employer you worked for during your time in Australia. The income you earn and your tax withheld will be on these statements. You may use a Statement of Earnings from your employer if you were not provided with a PAYG payment summary.

What if I’m missing my statements?

Continue reading “What information do I need to lodge my tax return?”

What if I don’t have a PAYG?

14th July is the deadline for your employer to issue you a PAYG. If you did not receive a PAYG yet, you have three options.

  1. Contact your employer.
  2. Give the ATO a call.
  3. Lodge without a payment summary. Find out how here.
  • Request a copy of your payment summary from your employer.
  • Request a signed letter from your employer if you lost your PAYG.
  • Review your pay slips.


If you are missing or never received your payment summaries, or if a payment summary contains wrong information, you should first contact your employer.

Ask your payer to give you a signed copy of your payment summary or, if it is incorrect, request a corrected payment summary. If your employer is unable to provide you with a copy of your payment records, contact us, we can help you.

What is a PAYG?


PAYG, which stands for pay-as-you-go (PAYG) withholding, is a system by which employees and businesses make small tax payments throughout the year. This way, they can easily meet their overall tax liabilities at the end of the year. This applies without leaving either a large credit or tax liability. Generally, withholdings are taken out of your paycheck.

You can request an increase or decrease in your withholding in case your tax situation changes. It may be due to the number of your dependents changing or you have a large number of tax-deductible expenses. This will help you meet your tax obligations accurately.