Do I have to lodge an Australian tax return?

Most individuals must lodge a tax return.

If you were paid a salary or wages during your stay as a backpacker you need to lodge an Australian tax return.


As a working holidaymaker, you are foreign or nonresident for tax purposes and pay taxes on all the income you earn while working in Australia. Your employer withholds taxes from your pay. You are most likely entitled to a refund of the tax you paid.


Determine if you need to lodge here and lodge a tax return today.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *