What information do I need to lodge my tax return?

First, you need your Tax File Number or TFN to lodge your tax return.

You will need your individual non-business PAYG (Pay As You Go) statements from each employer you worked for during your time in Australia. The income you earn and your tax withheld will be on these statements. You may use a Statement of Earnings from your employer if you were not provided with a PAYG payment summary.

What if I’m missing my statements?

If you’re missing either a payment summary or a statement of earnings you may be able to use your final payslip. (Provided you are filing your return during the tax season.)

You may also need statements from financial institutions and companies that paid you interest or dividends.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *