Austrailian Non-Resident or Part-Year Residents
Whether or not you are considered an Australian resident for tax purposes will impact your tax return. If you are a part-year resident or non-resident of Australia, refer to the following steps:
- Towards the top of the page, click the first tab titled “Personal Info.”
- On the “Personal Information” page, scroll down to the section titled “Special Circumstances: Check all that apply.”
- Check the last box titled, “I am a Part-Year Resident or Non-Resident of Australia.”
- Three additional lines will appear below. Select the residency status which fits your situation best.
- Part-Year Australian Residents
- Select the line titled “I was a Part-Year resident of Australia.”
- Additional lines will appear below. Select the answer which best explains your residency.
- Enter the date which corresponds to your selection.
- Then click the green “Save & Go” box.