You can claim a deduction for your election expenses by referring to the following steps.
- Towards the top of the page, click the third tab titled “Deductions.”
- Under the title, “Check all that apply,” check the box titled, “Other Work-related Expenses including Tools, Office Supplies, Income Protection Insurance, & Phone Plans.”
- Click the green box towards the bottom of the page titled, “Save & Go.”
- On the page titled, “Other Deductions & Work Related Depreciation,” click the orange box titled, “Add New Record” under the section titled, “Other Deductions.”
- Enter your information within the provided fields.
- Click the green box titled, “Save & Go.”
- Click the green box titled, “Save & Go” again.